Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Imp Eyes

Well, science damn it!  Three weeks without an update! I was kicking myself the whole time, I swear.  I’m doing something Halloween-ish themed 49 weeks early.  You’re welcome.

While sitting in class like a month ago, I was struck with an idea for a blog post.  (Yes, I’ve been sitting on this the whole time.  The idea well has not run dry) It’d not really something you could give to trick-or-treaters, but it could be fun (if unappetizing) to have a tray of these at a party.

You need:
Peanut butter cups
M & Ms
1 lb of ground beef
Total cost: $1 - $10

Roll the ground beef into balls and press an indent into them.  Ground beef puffs up as it cooks so make it pretty deep.


Now cook them in an oven to your desired done-ness.  The gristle and fat will pool in the indent, so flip them over about halfway through cooking.  It took me about 20 minutes at 400, but I suspect my oven may not be working properly.


Remove the chocolate from the top of the peanut butter cup and place one in each indent.  The beef will still be hot so give it a minute for it to melt into the beef a bit.


Now press and m & m into the “iris”.


The beef, chocolate, and peanut butter taste good together. The sweetness of the peanut butter cup might be a bit much, but it doesn't overpower the beef.  Also, I gotta say, I find this wonderfully aesthetically pleasing.  It looks gross and sloppy, and that just screams Halloween to me.  For added effect and flavor, maybe it could be served in a dish of ketchup or flecked with hot sauce.  I thought up a few variations on it too.  Maybe I’ll make a few sometime.  I declare this a success! They all said I was mad when I told them that I wanted to combine beef and candy!  Well, who’s mad now!?  Stay queer, kids.  Stay queer.

No comments:

Post a Comment